Saturday, October 23, 2010

Allison is going to be a BIG SISTER!

We've known Allison was going to be a big sister for quite some time now but we just recently found out that she will have a little baby sister. We are all so excited to add to our growing family another precious little healthy girl who will get to be Allison's sister and friend for life. I will try and get the picture of the ultrasound on here eventually. I have been a very tired, going to bed at 8:30 type of momma and the weekend is no different. I have been bad about taking pictures and even going online other than to check emails and news. I will try to muster up some more energy now that I am almost 14 weeks. I think the energy isn't as giving as it was when pregnant with Allison. Having to work full time, rush to get Allison from school, cook, tend to her needs and even eating takes its toll on us. Here is a picture of Allison at a recent trip to another pumpkin patch.
Another thing my sweet baby has been dealing with over the last month has been the onset of a chalazion on her right upper lid. We have been religiously doing our hot compresses and antibiotic ointment to try and get it to drain but it's such a slow process which the Doctor says could takes months to completely go away. And even if it does she is now more prone to getting it again. You can see it here a little bit:

Here she is at the newly opened Cracker Barrell!! yummm. She had to try almost every rocking chair there.
And the curly top comments are nonstop! It's really funny when people ask where she gets it from and see Jake and I together. Explaining that I had curly hair as a baby and it just waved out later in life, etc etc... We'll see if hers stays or does the same. Other than that we also get: " I used to pay really good money back in the day for that kind of hair!" haha

2 comments:

  1. Woohooo! Congratulations Allison! You are going to be a great big sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW! Congratulations, Carter Family! We're so excited for you (not to mention being in complete awe at your multi-tasking abilities, Maria!) Sisters are SO much FUN--you're a very lucky girl, Allison!

    ReplyDelete