Today I was fortunate enough to attend circle time at school with Allison. The class did their birthday ritual, the celebration of life. For every year of life, Allison would walk in a circle and her teacher would show a picture to the class of Allison at that age. I provided the snack for the class and we all went outside to eat. It's such a warm feeling being an outsider looking in to see how your child behaves in an environment other than the one you're in with her daily.
It was soon time for me to go and Allison wanted to get me a flower. Her teacher went on to tell me there isn't a day that goes by that she doesn't pick a flower for her mommy. She keeps it in her cubby all day until I come and get her. My heart skipped and I thought I was going to melt right there. She ran to a flower pot and got me a yellow flower she wasn't supposed to pick and gave it to me.... Oh my sweet sweet girl you are spoiling me - don't ever stop picking flowers. :)
This is so sweet I can hardly take it!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet girl! Made me teary!
ReplyDelete