Sunday, August 26, 2012

let her go explore!



I have been counting down the weeks and days of when Allison gets to go back to school, be with her friends and learn something new. Now that it is finally here I miss her so so much already and I haven't even dropped her off. Tonight, as she was still lying in bed singing and playing, I went to her room for one last kiss, hug, song, book read before she spends the next 7 hour day without Kate and myself. I keep wondering what in the world will Kate and I do with ourselves? It has been a loooong yet short summer. I really tried hard to keep her busy but there were very exhausting days when I wished the countdown was down to what it is now....less than 24 hours.. yet now I sit here and wonder why? Why did or do I want her to not go back and stay with us? and I come up with one word. AMAZING! Allison is an amazing girl. Of course, she has her moments, which 3 year old doesn't? but she is something special. special to me, special to her sister and her daddy; always excited to try new things, always wanting to be involved, always helpful to me and Kate. Who else is going to help me open and close the back door, pick up the milk that Kate deliberately drops from the tray table? But like many more first days to come she should and she must go back to school and do what she loves to do, help others! This may be MY first lesson in mommy selfishness.
Lesson 1: let.her.go.explore!!




No comments:

Post a Comment