Kate has had her friend thumb one and thumb two (she loves both equally hence the same size calluses) there for her pretty much all her life. She still uses her lovethumb(s) at nap and bedtimes and also when she is needing some comfort throughout the day. Lately though she sucks so hard that she digs a hole on the right side of her nose bridge with her pointer finger. I have had to go to extreme levels of prevention which got somewhat better recently but then bad again as she dug up some more skin.
Sidenote: On the day this picture was taken, in the tub, Kate had thrown up all over herself in the car seat on the way to drop off Allison to school. She threw up because of ONE of my extreme measures was to use Mavala bitter nail polish on one of her thumbs. As she sucked her thumb, she started hacking in the car and milk came right back up. YUCK. yes I learned that lesson.
So I go to put her in the tub and as happy as can be she takes a big ole dirty poop in the tub. Awesome! So I take her out to clean and disinfect the tub and the little stinker decides she needs to top it off and pee all over the floor and bath mat for me. Awesome again. I could only laugh at the chain of events of that moment. The best part was that Ninja was there to clean it all up. Triple Awesome and that ends that (one of those mommy mornings)!
poor Kate! hoping it gets better again soon! I will look back at this 15-20 years from now and show her how much trouble she was that morning! haha noooo, sweet thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment