Friday, November 4, 2011

First Broken Bone... and it better be the last!

My poor Allison fell down at school on Thursday around lunchtime. The kids were all getting ready to sit and eat lunch when Allison leaned to the side to adjust her pant leg, lost her balance and fell down right on her side. The teachers said she fell on her cheek but she might have been stretching her arm out at the same time. I went to go pick her up as soon as they called me. She didn't eat her lunch nor want to take a nap.

When I got her I knew something was wrong. It wasn't the normal whiny cry. She insisted her shoulder hurt and it hurt her tremendously when I was trying to put her in the car seat. I called her Doctor and finally got through to the nurse who doesn't get back from lunch until 2. They were able to squeeze us in. We went and got an x-ray of her shoulder/collarbone. She was a very good girl and the x-ray came out really well. She even got to pick a fun sticker. The doctor declared it was a green stick fracture on the right clavicle. boo. :( Allison needs to be in a sling for 3 weeks until she returns to the doctor for another x-ray to see how the healing process is going. Here are some pictures of our little trooper.

 The first day was MISERABLE! Thanks to grandma who let us borrow some movies!!
 Got a smile! Yay!
 Third Day - no Tylenol needed. On the road to recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment